Sunday, May 19, 2013

3 most favorite singing scene in cartoon!

It's Sunday, almost 11 pm, and it feels like I wanna write something on my blog. Just a random post, about 3 singing scene in cartoon that I favorite the most. The reason I chose these 3 scenes, it's not just because the song has been stuck in my head for a very long time...but also, I love their beautiful lyrics, the scene and the melody. So...here are they:

A Whole New World (Aladdin)

Well, this song has been stuck in my head since I watched Aladdin for the very first time. The lyrics and the scene are such a perfect combination. I just thought this scene and song are very romantic :)


I can show you the world
Shining shimmering splendid
Tell me princess, now 
when did you last let your heart decide?

I can open your eyes
Take you wonder by wonder
Over side ways and under,
On a magic carpet ride..

A whole new world
A new fantastic point of few
No one to tell us no
or where to go
Or say we're only dreaming

A whole new world
A dazzling place I never knew
But now from way up here
It's crystal clear
But now I'm in a whole new world with you

A whole new world..
That's where will be..
A thrilling chase, A wondrous place
For you and me..


Once Upon A December (Anastasia)

Many people thought this movie is a Disney and so did I. But it's actually not and Anastasia still always be one of my favorite princess cartoon movies ever! The story and all the soundtracks are totally lovely and memorable. This song, Once Upon A December is my most favorite song in this movie because of the very beautiful lyrics. And the scene, it really is touch my heart everytime I see the clips.


Dancing bears
Painted wings
Things I almost remember

And the song
Someone sing
Once upon a December

Someone holds me save and warm
Horses prance through a silver storm
Figures dancing gracefully
Across my memory

Far away
Long ago
Glowing dim as an amber
Things my heart used to know
Things that yearns to remember

And the song, someone sing
Once upon a December..


Colors of the wind (Pocahontas)

This song might not one of the strong and memorable song from all Disney songs. But for me, this song means a lot, because this song tell us a message beautifully. A message about nature and tell us to care about that. Pocahontas is such a very strong character and she looks very strong in this scene, when she tried to tell John Smith about the world that she lives in with this song.


You think I'm an ignorant savage
And you've been so many places
I guess it must be so
But still I cannot see
If the savage one is me
How can there be so much that you don't know?
You don't know ...

You think you own whatever land you land on

The Earth is just a dead thing you can claim
But I know every rock and tree and creature
Has a life, has a spirit, has a name

You think the only people who are people

Are the people who look and think like you
But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger
You'll learn things you never knew you never knew

Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon

Or asked the grinning bobcat why he grinned?
Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains?
Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?
Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?

Come run the hidden pine trails of the forest

Come taste the sunsweet berries of the Earth
Come roll in all the riches all around you
And for once, never wonder what they're worth

The rainstorm and the river are my brothers

The heron and the otter are my friends
And we are all connected to each other
In a circle, in a hoop that never ends

How high will the sycamore grow?

If you cut it down, then you'll never know
And you'll never hear the wolf cry to the blue corn moon

For whether we are white or copper skinned

We need to sing with all the voices of the mountains
We need to paint with all the colors of the wind

You can own the Earth and still

All you'll own is Earth until
You can paint with all the colors of the wind


That's all my opinion about "3 most favorite singing scene in cartoon". Once more, I chose them based on the combination of the lyrics, the melody and the scene. I still loves many other songs though. This post will be end of my weekend this week. Gotta go to sleep and ready for work tomorrow. Good night and have a good day whenever you read this post! ;)
*cheers!
Sarita

No comments:

Post a Comment